Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cinnamon Banana Mini-Muffins

My kids are obsessed with the Hostess mini-muffins (like there will be a huge tantrum if we run out because they reeeeeeeeeeeeally want muuuuuuuuffffffffinnnnnnsss!). I'm a little tired of paying such a high price for them. On Monday, I decided I would try to make my own and, while I was at it, make them GF so I could eat them, too. I didn't have any blueberries around, but I did have some ripe bananas, so banana muffins it is! I love having the kids help me bake and they seem to get a kick out of it. Here's the recipe we used based on a few I found on the internet and the Pamela's site.

Banana Mini-Muffins
2 1/2 C. Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 C. (2-3 depending on size) mashed bananas
1/4 C. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C. nuts (optional)
Brown sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350º. Mix all ingredients together except for the brown sugar. Using a greased mini-muffin pan, fill each cup about 2/3 full. Sprinkle brown sugar on top to your liking. Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffins. Yields about 40 mini-muffins.

I have to say these game out pretty tasty! We all loved them and I don't have to spend a million dollars on individually packaged muffins that my kids will only eat half of, but refuse to share with each other! WIN! I also decided to freeze half of them since it made so many and my kids only eat 1-2 muffins each morning. Hopefully, they will defrost well and still be tasty when we need them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment